Saturday, September 10, 2011

10th Anniversary of USA Tragedy

     10 Years ago on September 11, 2001 We as Americans witnessed one of the biggest tragedies ever known to us.  I can't say that I was alive or old enough to remember any other tragedy to the US in my 35 years but I will never foreget about this day!
 
     You hear it all the time Where were you?  And what were you doing?  Can you answer these questions?  I can with complete confideince that I know where I was and exactly what I was doing at the exact moment the first plane crashed into the Twin Towers in NYC.  Alan Jackson had a song "Where were you the day the world stopped turning".  It is an Awesome song and if you haven't heard you really need to check it out.

     I was working at AAA Mini storage, and we had a small 13" TV in the waiting room.  I was waiting to take my son which was 3 years old at the time, to his pre-school program when the news came across the TV.  It was on every local channel and a horrific sight to everyone.  I remember my son asking what happened to the TV momma, and I really had no real response to give him.  I wasn't sure myself I think, it just didn't seem like it was real.  It was almost like I was just watching a really bad movie on TV.

     I welcome any comments or stories you have to share from this day!  Sorry for such a short post but this is one is difficult to write without getting all teary eyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment