Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Radio Flyer Bicycle

   

  As a child we can all remember our first bicycle, or maybe we can't.  I don't know that I remember my first bike but I have vivid memory of a bicycle I got one year for Christmas.  I was probably about 11 years old and I woke up to a brand new bicycle for Santa Clause.  My parents would not allow me to go ride it outside because it was about 2:30 AM.  I was so excited about my new bike I rode it back and forth in the house until everyone else got up that morning.  Once my parents got up, and allowed me to take my new bike out I rode all day long.

     I have this bike here that my Aunt gave to my little girl.  She is 2 years old and when we received it, it was all rusted up, and pedals were missing.  My husband took it back to the shop and spent about 5 days working on cleaning it up and repainting it.  As you can see it is a Radio Flyer bicycle with training wheels.  I do not know the year of it but would love to.  I have researched every where online and can't find this particular bike anywhere!  I know the history of the bike it belonged to my Uncle's first son Graham whom would be at least in his 40's now.  Unfortunately Graham passed away at a very young age and my Uncle had this under a shelter for all these years.  This bike has alot of sentimental value to me because 1 it was passed down in my family and 2 I never Knew Graham. 
     If you know about what year this bike is please leave a comment below, I would love to get more info on it.

UPDATE
I was able to get in contact with the Radio Flyer Customer Service and they have provided me with this info, it is really now just for your enjoyment  and info.

http://www.radioflyer.com/

We found out this is a MB 52 Mini Bike originally made in 1936 - 1940 and once again made in 1988.  If you have antique RF you can contact the Customer Service department and they are great.  The service I received was over the top, and beyond what they had to do.  The rep. I spoke with was very friendly and answered more questions than what i had, she also emailed me spec sheets that she had.
Disclosure:
This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. 

2 comments:

  1. i have one too is it worth anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool on you guys! Just enjoy the ride with you cutie bike!

    ReplyDelete