Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Memorable Coca-Cola Family Moment

     I remember having Family dinners and get together as a child, and Granny Grandma would always come and eat with us.  She would share some stories about her when she was little and up to the age of 82 would get outside and play with her grandchildren and great grandchildren.  Granny like everyone else had a picky side to her, and not too often.  Generally she ate pretty much everything but when it came to something to drink she had 3 choices.  For breakfast she would have a cup of black coffee, and for lunch, supper, and in between she would have a cold glass of water or Coke.  Later on in her later years it became Diet Coke but still nothing else would do.


      If we had like a birthday party, or any kind of family social Granny Grandma would bring her own drink to be sure that she had what SHE wanted and not have to worry if it was there or not.  It was always funny and she was easy to get under her skin, so we as children would tease her about.  As I have grown up I now understand fully what she meant by taking her drinks with her.  At any given time I have a Coke in my car just in case I go somewhere and they don't have Coke.  Granny always knew what she wanted and there was no changing her mind.  If she said she wanted Coke then you got her a Coke.  Now everytime I think of Coke I think of her and visa versa.  I belive she is what made Coke for me and my family many years ago.
 
    I also remeber as a child when we would be sick or just our little tummies not feeling well my Mother would always go get us a cold Coca-Cola.  I don't really know what was in it but it was like a medicine for us, because we would always feel better.  It seemed to settle your stomache, and taste great at the same time.  Best medicine my mother ever gave me, I promise. To this day when I get sick or one of my children the first thing I do is make sure they have a nice cold glass of Coke to make them feel better.

    coca-Cola is a drink in the South that is like a fine wine, it goes great with everything from fish to a Filet mignon and from a Tomatoe sandwich to spagettii.  We not only enjoy the cool refreshing taste at our dinner table with Family but when we entertain it is the star of the party.  I have a big metal wash bucket and we load it down with Coke's and ice.  Now you are not limited by the original Coke you can can Coke with cherry and Coke with Vanilla.  There are many varieties availible to us but I am gonna have to stick the best, the original.  Never have been real big on too much change but alot of my friends like the diffrent varieties.

About Coca-Cola®Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in the United States.

More info: www.cookingwithcoke.com

Join Coca-Cola® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cocacola

Join Coca-Cola® on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cocacola

 “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here."
The graphics included in this post are copy righted with Coke and only borrowed for the purpose of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment