Monday, January 11, 2016

At What age is TOO Old?

     I look around and I see all the little Ladies that look like they are about to pop any day now, and I ask myself at what age is it too old to have another baby?  Between me and my husband we have 3 girls and a son, but if it was up to him, he would have more!

     What are your thoughts on this?  I'm not even sure if it is possible for me to have another child and I think that I would just enjoy playing with others babies.  That being said, on top of our own children I babysit a 3 year old and she is going to have a little Sister in January.  Not only will I have mine, my 3 year old, but also I get to keep and play with the tiny new baby when she is about 2 weeks old.  I think I get the best of both worlds with the exception that I did LOVE being pregnant.  I play with little Melody (new baby) all day long, and her Mommy and Daddy get to sit up with her at night.  Who could ask for abetter situation and to top it all off, I get paid to do this!

     Just not really sure I want to go through the whole delivery process again.  I am 38 years old and the last 2 babies were both C-Section, and neither were planned surgeries.  Don't get me wrong, I Love everyone of my babies, and wouldn't trade anything about the entire process of getting them here, but I have fears about having another baby! After I had my son, which is now 16 years old, I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer and I had to a Cervical Colonization Surgery done.  I was told that I may never be able to carry another baby to full term, however 5 years later I delivered my first baby girl.  She is now 10 years old and she was actually about 4 days over do.  Now what I haven't told you yet is that my son weighed 9 pounds 5 ounces and my baby girl was 7 pounds and 4 ounces.  With each baby they got smaller and shorter, and my pregnancies were harder and harder on me.  If all my pregnancies were like my son, I could have had babies and just passed them out to the loving couples who couldn't have a baby, because I was never sick or anything,  The only thing I didn't like about his was I gained 200 pounds from conception to delivery. With the girls I was so sick all the time and with each pregnancy it got worse. 

None of this changes for my husband, he still tells me that he wants another baby.  But I'm still not sure about this.  What are your thoughts?  Is there an age that you shouldn't be thinking about having a baby but more so looking forward to grandbabies?



time, and

No comments:

Post a Comment