Thursday, September 25, 2014

School Memories, Good or Bad?

  
     Ahhh, it's that time of year again when all the kids are back in school and the weather is changing.  Do you remember your days in school?  I have to admit that I graduated High School 29 years ago, yeah I'm getting old.  but I still remember my Kindergarten teachers and I have some really great memories and then I have horrible memories of school.  I will share some of mine and my Families with you now!

     I don't really have good memories of me in school. In Kindergarten, I would get paddled everyday because I didn't take a nap until my Mother came to the school.  She informed them I didn't take a nap a s a baby and I probably wouldn't take one for them! I would sit quietly on my mat and not disturb anyone, but we HAD to go to sleep. Just so you know I was that child that stayed up late and never slept.  Guess if it was diagnosable back then I would have been treated for ADHD but back then parents just dealt with it.

     Once I got to Junior High School I was teased immensely and I struggled to make what I call true friends.  Although I had friends, it always seemed there was many more that just wanted to pick and tease me.  It was probably the longest 4 years of my life, but looking back I think those people are the reason I am who I am today!

     In High School I stayed away as much as possible and did no more than I had to. I graduated June 1994 by the skin of my teeth.  In fact my English teacher made a point to come up to me a graduation and let me know I only made a 69.5 and she gave me that one.  Hey, I'll take it because I was so ready to leave.

     College, however was a different story.  Maybe because I got to pick my classes, could take them at the time I wanted, and I had to pay for them out of my pocket that it made it so different, but I really enjoyed it. At first I went to Wayne Community College for Cosmetology.  The classes were actually taken at Mitchell's Hairstyling Academy, and I made some really great friends there.  The next time I went back to College I went back to WCC for BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training).  There I felt for once in my life that I was in control.  While I was in school or training, my ex-husband committed a felony and needless to say even though he was my ex and I had nothing to do with him, I couldn't get hired locally at the Police or Sheriff's Office.  I never let that stop me, I just continued my education in the Criminal Justice Field in hopes to one day maybe to become a Parole Officer or something like that.  I have still not finished that training but once you get older it is much harder to go back to school!

     What are your School memories?  Were you the most popular or maybe you classified as a Nerd.  Whatever it was, share! We would all love to hear your story.  You never know how your story may give someone else the strength to make it through a situation that they are going through!    

No comments:

Post a Comment