To celebrate the release of a new novel to the Seven Halos series, author Monica Leonelle is doing a Kindle Fire giveaway for Silver Smoke, the first novel in the series! Silver Smoke is the highly-rated (4.8 stars on Amazon) debut novel about the Hallows and the Nephilim, the descendants of archangels and humans. Here's a description of the book:
Like mother, like daughter…
We'll get to the contest details in a minute, but first, Monica gave us an exclusive excerpt of the book for the blog tour:
Rykken swallowed. That wasn’t all that was left, but he didn’t bother to correct her. He rested his chin on the rim of his thumb and index finger. “I’m sorry I was eavesdropping. I did it because Pilot wants me to keep an eye on you when he’s not around.” It wasn’t the whole truth, but it sounded like something Pilot would ask of him.
“It’s okay,” Brie said. “Whatever you overheard tonight, you’re misinterpreting it anyway. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t repeat it to my brother.”
“It sounded serious though. If you need someone to talk to—”
Brie looked up at him. “Maybe,” she said. Rykken tried to keep his features in place to hide his surprise. She smiled at him again, ducking her head. “I do need someone to talk to. And I feel like you’re a part of this anyway.”
“Okay,” he said, pushing his shoulders back. He normally tried not to look at her too much, but tonight it was almost impossible to take his eyes off her. “Let me know when you’re ready.”
Brie turned her marshmallows in the flames. “Rykken,” she said. The way she said his name was so tender and vulnerable and sweet, he could kiss her. “Sirena told me she saw something on your chest—a mark of some sort.”
Rykken’s stomach dropped. He had spent hours in the shower, trying to scrub the crescent moon from the area right below his heart. When the mark didn’t lighten, he tried to put it out of his mind—it was barely visible at practice, and no one had really noticed it besides Sirena.
Brie stared at him. He realized too late that she’d been watching for his reaction, despite his lack of words. “Can I see it?” she asked.
“Not now,” he said.
She kept staring at him. “Has anything... strange happened to you since you got that mark?”
“Like, are you able to do things you haven’t been able to do before?”
Rykken was startled by her question. “No.” He leaned across his chair, until he was so close to her he could smell the smoke from the fire on her hair. “Brie, what’s going on? Why are you asking me this?”
Brie’s eyes flitted around his face, as if she were trying to look at every inch of it within a single second. “No reason,” she said, but he recognized her disappointment in his answer.
December 20th thru December 31st (12 days long)
EASY WAYS TO ENTER:
- (3 entries) Blog about this contest and forward a link to firstname.lastname@example.org (see copy + paste instructions for the contest below)
- (3 entries each) Share a sentence about the book with your Facebook or Twitter followers, and include a link to the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble (you pick). One entry per social media account per day during the contest. Forward a screenshot or link of your sentence+link to email@example.com. The links are available below:
- (10 entries each) Write an honest Amazon and/or B&N review of Silver Smoke and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Prize Winner: Kindle Fire (or cash-equivalent Amazon gift card)
- 2nd Place (two winners): Kindle Touch (or cash-equivalent Amazon gift card)
- 3rd Place (three winners): Kindle (or cash-equivalent Amazon gift card)
- Special Bloggers-Only Winner* (for blogger entrants – must enter via the web form): Kindle Fire (or cash-equivalent Amazon gift card)
Winners will be selected using Random.org on January 1, 2012 and announced on How To Be An Author by January 2, 2012.
*To enter the Bloggers-Only drawing (in addition to the regular drawing), you must forward a link to your post to email@example.com AND add your name to this bloggers-only email list (not for promotional purposes… just an easy way to distribute promised items): http://forms.aweber.com/form/99/1958024899.htm