Thursday, July 28, 2011

Children and their indivdual sens of style

     Growing up I was always known as the girl that had NO sense of style.  Just because bright neon pink polka dots, and a fire flames were the style did not mean you would see Jennie wearing it.  I have always said that if we had to pick a theme song for ourselves mine would I was Country when Country wasn't cool.  Yes I am a huge country fan but I was like that with everything.  I didn't let or allow what anybody else was doing influence me decisions.  I'll never forget I had a pair of cotton pants, they were a beach scene and on the backside there were two moons.  Just so happened they were evenly spaced and one, well on each side!  I now look at my children and think Wow, how much they are like me to some degree!  I have three children in the home and I am about to tell how each one has their individual style in clothing!  It is kind of interesting to hear.

     First there is my son, he just turned thirteen yesterday and well lets just say he still has alot left to be desired.  He is in the middle school and they wear uniforms to school so as far getting him up in the morning and picking out clothes it is not a problem.  However on the weekends and during the summer woo!  Everything this child wears looks like he pulled it from somebody trash can the night before and sometimes after a good hard rain.  Wrinkles? Who cares cause he don't and if it is stained that just means he has really enjoyed that pair of shorts.  As with most Little boys the knees are ALWAYS the first to go.  As a little boy I would get a pair of old jeans and cut patches out of them and put a second layer in the knees to prevent this from happening.  It works, and then I later realized that they sell these jeans and I don't have to sew them myself anymore.  He has never been a real expensive child to dress except for his shoes, but they never seem to last long.  When I would take him to the doctor I would get so embarrassed because the doctor would say something about his shoes.  I would go and buy him a pair of shoes and within about two weeks they would look like they were ancient.  He was always so hyper and his shoes would take the brunt of it.  I have yet to find a pair of shoes that he can't destroy just by wear and tear of them living his everyday life!

     Then there is the seven year old daughter!  She is most definitely my follower!  She has two cousins that are eleven years old and what ever they are into, well so is she.  Right now it is peace signs, pink, and zebra stripes.  And too like most little girls she likes her heels, but she got that one honest.  When it comes to dressing up I only wear my three inch heels!  As far as the cuts of her clothes in doesn't matter as long as it fits.  Now you have to know that ALL of us (me and children) have a hard time finding clothes fit because we are tall and skinny.  So to get her waist to fit right the length is too short.  During the summer time it isn't quiet so bad because she is wearing shorts anyway, but now I have to be careful to not get them TOO short!  Hailey too could care less if they are dirty or wrinkled if they fit and comfortable.  That one I don't know where they get it from because I did at least want clean clothes.  My Granny Grandma used to get on me about the wrinkles and as a teen I finally told her one day that they would fall out!  So I know where the wrinkles come from!

     OK now we are on the two year old.  Do they really have a sense of style?  I did when I was that age and I think they do!  I never liked the ruffled socks and little dresses! YUCK!  Not the case with this one.  She does love her a dress and the dressier the better she likes it.  She wears what I out on her of course but enjoys them.  She already enjoys getting her mama's high heels and even sissy's high heels and prancing around the house.  My mother found a size 2 for infants when she was smaller and she loved them so much and even now she still continues to try and wear them.  Bless her heart they are so small but it dies not stop the determination of trying.  If the truth be told about this one, she had much rather be naked than to have anything on! We go through alot of clothes  during the daytime with her because she will run and hide in another room and strip her clothes off.  I have had some to ask why not just put the same clothes back on her and my response is "I do when I can find them".  She tends to hide them as if she will not have to get dressed if Mama can't find them, so then she just gets a clean outfit.

     With three different little ones in the house you get to see alot of different styles of clothing, the way they wear their hair, the music they want to listen too, and who they are friends with!  If your child is like mine and each has their own sense of style and or even hard to fit you can go to http://jcpenny.com/ or visit the store to find everything your child needs or could possibly want.

About jcpenney
Discover the style you want, the quality you expect and the price you love at jcpenney. new look. new day. who knew! shop our stores or online at www.jcp.com. got a question? visit our Customer Service team online at www.jcp.com/csvc.

More info on jcpenney: http://www.jcpenney.com

jcpenney on Facebook

Follow @jcpenney on Twitter

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and jcpenney blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment