Thursday, March 13, 2014

Heart Healthy Recipes and Ideas

Disclaimer:  I wrote this post on behalf of The American Heart Association and Campbell's Soup.  All thoughts and beliefs are solely mine and were not encouraged in anyway by anyone other than myself!
 
     My family is probably not the picture perfect family when it comes to being healthy, However I feel that there are things that we do they are healthy.  One of our favorite past times, especially in the Spring and Summer, is that we go on family walks in the evening.  We own a Pit/Rottweiler mix dog and we take him and walk approximately 1 mile a day! In the Winter months we suffer from what I call couchitis, it is where it is so cold outside and nobody wants to go out so we stay in and watch movies or play games together.  It is actually great Family time but we don't get the much needed fresh air and exercise! Once the weather gets warmer though you can't keep us inside, we love to spend time outside together, grilling out, and just spending time as a Family!

     As a Mother I try to keep fresh fruits around the house instead of jars and bags full of candy.  When given the choice any child will choose candy but when they see fruits that they love to eat available they are likely to make the right choice.  It can be a little more expensive at times, but I think about the money I save in dentists bills and it weighs out.  They are also much healthier children because they aren't getting all of that sugary sweets.  I also try to prepare most of our meals.  To me if I prepare the meal myself I know exactly what I am putting into it and the nutrition value that it carries. At the bottom I will post some really great recipes approved by the American Heart Association.

     How are some ways that you try to keep your Family healthy?  What are the kinds of things you do alone or as a family that maybe you feel are better for you even though someone has told you that that's not enough?  I'm a firm believer that doing a little here and there is better than not doing anything at all.

About Campbell's Address Your Heart

Health is foremost on people’s minds, keeping your family in tip top shape can be a challenge in these busy times. Campbell’s Soup wants you to “Address Your Heart” with Heart Healthy Tips, recipes and more!
Visit AddressYourHeart.com to get heart-healthy tips, including 21 Campbell’s recipes that are certified by the AHA and product coupons, as well as Facebook.com/campbellskitchen for the latest Campbell’s recipes and offers.












These are some really great Recipes that are approved by the American Heart Association and click here and you can get some Money saving coupons by Campbell.
If you have a great recipe or idea of staying Heart Healthy please share below.  I always enjoy new recipes and great ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment